Bisque Bakery Review, Central Arcade, DLF Phase II, Gurgaon
Bisque Bakery in Central Arcade is right in my neighbourhood of DLF City Phase II, Gurgaon. Its been standing tall since more than a decade now. I have been a regular here for breads, salads, a quick snack, meal or just an evening cuppa coffee.
Bisque is a bit more than just a bakery or Bakerie and Patisserie as they call themselves. It can actually be classified as a dainty cafe as well. Besides scrumptious baked goodies, Bisque also serves a not so wide array of soups, salads, burgers, pastas, and a few pre-plated main meals. Do remember the coffee they serve is machine made Lavazza, which is not bad for once in a while.
The reasons that draw people to Bisque are simple & numerous.
- First, there is not another bakery of any standing around in DLF City, Phase II, Gurgaon. This is very unlike Arjun Marg Market in DLF City, Phase I, Gurgaon where there are multiple bakeries.
- Second, their stuff is always fresh whether its the cakes, pastries, breads or stuff from their a-la-carte menu. I have never felt a stale taste in anything on their shelves or from their kitchen.
- Third, their menu offers more than a bakery and almost what a small cafe would offer. They do bulk orders too for parties etc.
- Fourth, the bake spread includes an unending array of muffins, stuffed buns, rolls, cakes, pastries, cookies, sandwiches and breads including brown, garlic, multi-grain, croissants, bread sticks etc. The range of cakes available is virtually endless and can be customised too for any occasion.
- Fifth, its located really comfortably near the corporate hub of Gurgaon and is sandwiched between Sikanderpur and MG Road metro stations (read within walking distance of the two metro stations).
- Sixth, it offers a very quick exit for a really hungry stomach. Rush in, pick up your buns, quiches or rolls, add a pastry to it, pay for it, they heat it up, you eat it up and there you are not so hungry anymore and somewhat happier.
Bisque had an extended seating section on the upper level which I feel is seldom used now that their kitchen has expanded. Since the lower level has limited seating, it tends to get a tad noisy if the place is full of patrons. They have a chalk written blackboard menu of the day, which I haven’t seen changing much, so don’t expect many surprises from that either. The staff is efficient but seems bored doing the same thing endlessly. Having said that, Bisque is still a cozy & happy place to be in.
The must haves from their menu are given below. This is what I usually dabble with and don’t care much for anything else on the menu.
- Breads and cakes for sure. Fresh fruit cake is a must must. A lot of cakes for our family occasions do get ordered from here.
- Chicken Stroganoff. This is a big hit with my son and visits our table often.
- Thai Chicken with Red Curry. My personal favourite.
- The single “container” salad bar. Fit in as much as you can for one price. Works well for all in my family.
- Chicken Steak with Black Pepper Sauce. Another personal favourite.
- Fried Chicken. Finds favour with son mostly and with me occasionally.
Overall!! A great place for a quick bite or a lazy evening coffee. The food is good and it doesn’t pinch the pocket. Hop in sometime and you may bump into me dining there. 🙂
- Location etc.
- More information
- Restaurant Photos
- Location on Google Map
Address: 133 & 134, DLF Central Arcade, DLF City, Phase II, Gurgaon, Haryana – 122002
Phone No.: 0124 410 7428, 0124 410 7429