By Economic Times – Maharashtra issues directives to hospitals as Covid-19 cases mount These directives will come into force from 10 am on May 2, 2020 as Maharashtra chief secretary took note of reports of hospitals turning away patients due to increasing number of Covid-19 patients.ET Online|Last Updated: Apr 30, 2020, 12.45 PM ISTAgenciesIn case of death of Covid patient, body should be shifted within 30 minutes from the ward and disposed within 12 hours.In order to decongest hospitals, all asymptomatic patients without comorbidity should be shifted to appropriate Covid Care Centres immediately and hospitals should ensure that no admission is granted to asymptomatic positive patients without comorbidity.
These are some of the fresh directives that will come into force from 10 am on May 2, 2020 as Maharashtra chief secretary took note of reports of hospitals delaying or turning away patients due to increasing number of Covid-19 patients.
Here’s what the directives are:
1. Mobilisation of all ambulances within Mumbai will be controlled by disaster management department of MCGM.
2. Any patient checking into a hospital should immediately be screened and after triage patient may be shifted or admitted. No patient is to be turned away without examination and required intervention under any circumstances.
3. The director of health services should prepare the SOPs for screening, transferring, admitting and discharging of patients. Each patient requiring admission will be assigned a unique ID by the round-the-clock team of disaster management of MCGM without which admission will not be granted.
4. Hospitals authorities should collect swabs of all suspected Covid patients admitted on top priority and ensure reports are collected within 12 hours and should ensure patients are triaged as per the clinical conditions and shifted to CCC, dedicated Covid Health Centres or Dedicated Covid Hospitals.
5. In case of death of Covid patient, body should be shifted within 30 minutes from the ward and disposed within 12 hours.
Also ReadBusiness Correspondents: The neglected COVID warriorsWhat are Covid-19 personal loans?Talks held on separate Covid budgetThe Covid curve: How the states fareTest the BCG-Covid hypothesis furtherCommenting feature is disabled in your country/region.Copyright © 2020 Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. All rights reserved. For reprint rights: Times Syndication Service
For more details, please visit http://gestyy.com/e0wX1x