Pirandai Chutney Recipe | How to Make Pirandai Chutney | Pirandai Thuvaiyal
How to make pirandai chutney recipe?
Pirandai has various health benefits. Pirandai chutney recipe also known as Pirandai Thuvaiyal recipe, devil’s backbone chutney, Cissus quadrangularis and veldt grape chutney. Veldt grape is also used in various medicines and also in Ayurvedic medicines. This healthy Pirandai chutney recipe goes well with white rice.
- Pirandai – 20 sticks (your finger sized Pirandai)
- Groundnut oil – 4 spoons
- Chana dal – 3 spoons
- Coriander seeds – 2 teaspoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli – 2 no’s
- Tamarind – small piece
- Shallots – 1 cup (cleaned)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves – 2 stalks
- Salt to taste
- Water to grind chutney
Steps to cook pirandai thuvaiyal recipe:
Pirandai cleaning method:
- At first, take a coconut oil then apply your both palm fully (to avoid itching).
- Now take a Pirandai, remove the skin and wash them thoroughly then keep it aside (like drumstick cleaning)
- Now switch on the stove place a Kadai when it is heated add 2 spoons of groundnut oil and then add cleaned Pirandai then fry till it becomes crispy (don’t burn).
- Take a frying pan; add remaining groundnut oil then add chana dal fry for two minutes then add coriander seeds fry for a minute, then add cumin seeds followed by red chilli, tamarind.
- Next, add cleaned shallots fry till it becomes transparent then add curry leaves, coriander leaves fry for a two-second then add already fried Pirandai and required salt then fry for a minute.
- Now cool the mixture completely then transfer Pirandai mixture into a mixer grinder and grind well with a little amount of water.
- Healthy and tasty pirandai thuvaiyal recipe is now ready to serve.
- Serve this Pirandai Thuvaiyal recipe with hot white rice.
- Here I am using mup Pirandai (three sides) this is a very powerful medicinal value. For more quantity of chutney, you can add the double amount of all ingredients.
- One main thing in this adamen creeper is itching problem, so careful while removing the skin of adamen creeper. (Use gloves) .
Pirandai Health Benefits
Cissus quadrangularis is used particularly to treat the following conditions:
- bone loss
- high cholesterol