kongu style avara paruppu sadam – arisi paruppu sadam
How to prepare kongu style avara paruppu sadam?
kongu style avara paruppu sadam is my favourite Arisi Paruppu sadam recipe used to prepare often.
it’s a quick time recipe that we can prepare easily. I have prepared this Coimbatore special arisi paruppu sadam with coconut.
- Normal rice – 1 cup
- Avara paruppu – ¼ cup
- Groundnut oil – 4 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic – 4 no’s (crushed)
- Small onion – 15 no’s (cleaned)
- Red chilli – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves – few
- Red chilli powder – 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coconut – 4 spoons (cut it to cubes)
- Tomato- 1 chopped (Country tomato)Salt to taste
Steps to cook kongu style avara paruppu sadam:
- First, soak the rice and dal for 20 minutes and wash the soaked rice and keep it aside.
- Switch on the stove place a cooker add groundnut oil, allow it to heat, and then add mustard seeds allow it to splutter. Then add crushed garlic, fry for a minute.
- Add the small onion and fry till it becomes light brown colour.
- Next add red chilli, curry leaves and coriander leaves, then add tomato and fry for two minutes now add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- This is the right time to add coconut pieces and then fry for two minutes.
- After that add water and allow it to boil. (if you want the rice becomes mushy means use 2 and a half cups water otherwise use only 2 cups water)
- Pour the washed rice and dal closed the lid, cook for 3 whistles
- Now switch off the stove and allow it to cool naturally.
- Hot and spicy kongu style avara paruppu sadam with coconut is now ready to serve.
Use homemade ghee for this Coimbatore Style Arisi Paruppu Sadam and brinjal, potato curry. It’s a very nice combination. Here I used tomato, without tomato also you can prepare this kongu style sadam with coconut.