Marigold and Mixed Sprouts Salad
Get Vibrant this monsoon with the mesmerizing colours and flavours of Marigold and Mixed Sprouts Salad. I bet you gonna love it…. Nutrition Overloaded!!!!! I suggest eat with your eyes first and then consume this flavourful salad prepared with edible Marigold petals, mixed sprouts, pomegranate pearls, drizzled with the zesty orange juice and honey dressing.
- Preparation Time- 10 minutes
- Cooking Time- 05 minutes
- Serves- 4
Ingredients and quantity:
- Fresh Marigold Petals, edible – ½ cup / or more as desired
- Green Gram, Sprouted- 1/4th cup
- Turkish Gram, sprouted- 1/4th cup
- Black Chickpeas, sprouted- 1/4th cup
- Pomegranate Pearls- 1/4th cup
- Tomatoes quartered- 1/4th cup
- Green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped- 02 nos.
- Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped- 1/4th bunch, small
For the Salad Dressing:
- Orange juice- 02 tbsp.
- Lemon Juice- 1/2 tbsp.
- Organic Honey- 02 tsp.
- Olive oil- ½ tbsp.
- Chaat masala- 1/4th tsp.
- White Pepper- to taste
- Salt- to taste
- Wash the marigold petals thoroughly, pat dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- In a deep pan add water, let it boil, wash the sprouts and blanch them for 03 to 04 minutes.
- Wash them under cold water. Place the drained sprouts on a fine mesh to remove the excess of water.
- In a glass bowl, mix all the ingredients mentioned from Sprouted Moong to fresh cilantro
- Place in the refrigerator to chill in an airtight container.
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients mentioned for the dressing.
- Just before serving, add the dressing to the salad.
- Serve chilled.
- Add the dressing to the salad just before serving, in order to prevent it from becoming soggy.
- You may add cubed/sliced Yellow or Red pimentos if desired.