Methi Aur Anar Ka Raita (Fenugreek and Pomegranate Pearls in Yogurt)
Methi Aur Anar Ka Raita (Fenugreek Leaves and Pomegranate Pearls in Yogurt) – The pleasing bitterness of fresh fenugreek leaves and the vibrant juicy Pomegranate pearls makes this Raita a complete hit, especially in freezing winters. This raita is a fantastic combination of yoghurt, stir-fried fresh fenugreek leaves and pomegranate pearls, tempered with cumin, chopped garlic and Kashmiri chilli powder
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Chilling Time in the Refrigerator: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
Ingredients and Quantity:
- Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves), finely chopped- 01 cup
- Pomegranate pearls- ¼ th cup
- Yoghurt whisked- 1 ¼ th cup
- Extra Virgin Olive oil- 02 tsp.
- Garlic cloves, chopped/sliced- 03
- Cumin powder, freshly roasted and ground- ½ tsp.
- Chaat masala powder- 1/4th tsp.
- Salt -to taste
- Rock salt- to taste
- Organic Jaggery powder- ¼ th tsp.
- Chilled milk/water- as required
For the tempering:
- Extra Virgin Olive oil- 01 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp.
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped/sliced- 02.
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder- 1/4th tsp.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan on medium flame, add the cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- To this add the finely chopped garlic and sauté till they turn golden in colour and the raw aroma of the garlic evaporates.
- Add the finely chopped methi leaves and sauté it on high flame.
- Now add salt to taste, and cook until the methi leaves wilt.
- Once you see that the methi is cooked. Remove from the flame and let it cool down completely.
- In a large glass bowl add the whisked yoghurt, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, salt, black salt, jaggery powder and the cooked methi.
- Add chilled milk/water to adjust consistency
- Add the pomegranate pearls and mix the raita.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- Remove from the refrigerator and give it a tempering with olive oil, cumin seeds, chopped garlic and Kashmiri red chillies.