Chukander aur Kishmish Ka Raita (Beetroot and Raisin Raita)
Chukander aur Kishmish Ka Raita – This Pink Beauty will steal the thunder out of your meal!!! Stay COOl in this scorching SuMMer…….
Chilled Beetroot and Raisin Raita is prepared with cooked beetroot, raisins and whisked yoghurt, sprinkled with freshly ground black peppercorn and cumin and is garnished with fresh cilantro.
Packed with essential nutrients, beetroots are a great source of fibre, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Beetroots and beetroot juice have been associated with numerous health benefits, including improved blood flow, lower blood pressure, and increased exercise performance. Also, beets might cause low calcium levels and kidney damage.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Chilling Time in Refrigerator: 40 to 45 minutes
Ingredients and Quantity:
- Beetroot (Chukander)- 02 medium-sized
- Raisins (Kishmish) -01 tbsp.
- Yoghurt whisked- 03 cups
- Salt- to taste
- Black peppercorn (freshly ground) – 1/4th tsp
- Cumin, lightly roasted and coarsely ground- 1/4th tsp.
- Cilantro, finely chopped- 1/4th bunch, small.
For the Garnish:
- Cilantro, fresh- few sprigs
- Mint Leaves, fresh – a few sprigs (Optional)
- Boil the beetroot with water and a little vinegar.
- Peel, cool and cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Whisk the yoghurt in a bowl. Add cubed beetroot, raisins, freshly ground peppercorn and cumin.
- Add salt to taste and chopped Cilantro. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 25 minutes.
- Serve chilled garnished with fresh cilantro /mint leaves.
- To prevent the beetroot from bleeding/losing its colour while cooking, do not cut the stems of beetroot too close. Leave about one to two inches of stem and keep the root intact and do not peel.
- Put a little vinegar in the cooking water, and peel the beetroot after they are cooked.
- You may sprinkle a little red chilli powder if desired.