How to make thuthuvalai rasam recipe for cold and cough ?
thuthuvalai rasam recipe is a healthy, spicy and a medicinal south Indian rasam recipe, good remedy for cold, fever and cough. Thuthuvalai Soup For Cold-Cough is easy to make and very tasty. Lets see how to prepare thuthuvalai rasam for rice.
Ingredients thuthuvalai rasam recipe:
- Thuthuvalai leaves – 10 leaves
- Ground nut oil – 2spoons
- Small onion – 1 cup
- Garlic -10 pods
- Red chili – 2 no’s
- Dry ginger – small piece
- Horse gram – 1 spoon
- Coriander seeds – 2 spoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 spoon
- Pepper corns – 1/2 spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tea spoon
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Ground nut oil – 2 spoons
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tea spoon
- Small onion – 1/4 cup (cleaned and crushed)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt as required
- Water as required
Steps to prepare thuthuvalai rasam recipe:
- First wash the thuthuvalai leaves thoroughly (it has thorns at back side of the leaves so wash carefully)
- Switch on the stove take a kadai add two spoons of groundnut oil when it is heated add cleaned shallots and garlic pods then fry till it become transparent.
- Next add red chili followed by horse gram, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, pepper corns, dry ginger, turmeric powder then fry for two minutes.
- Finally add cleaned thuthuvalai leaves and curry leaves then fry well.
- Now switch off the stove and cool the mixture completely.
- Take a mixer grinder add the mixture and grind a fine paste.
- And then switch on the stove place a casserole on a stove and heat, then add ground nut oil when it is heated add mustard seeds, then it is splutters add cleaned shallots then fry for two minutes then add curry leaves and fry.
- Its a time to add grounded masala then fry for a minute.
- After that add required amount of salt and water then bring to boiling.
- After 10 minutes check salt and consistency of rasam, if the thuthuvalai rasam is thick means add some water and adjust salt also.
- Healthy, hot and spicy thuthuvalai rasam (soup) is ready to serve.
- Transfer this thuthuvalai rasam in to soup bowl and drink.
- We can in take directly this thuthuvalai soup and it goes well with white rice only.
- More Vegetarian Recipes from Famous Indian recipes : Sorakkai Kulambu recipe | Mini Sambar Idly recipe | Thiruvathirai kali recipe | Pachai Payaru Paruppu |Black sundal recipe |
- Here I am used only thuthuvalai leaves you can also add three leaves of omam leaves(karpuravalli leaves) and three leaves of thiruvathi leaves and manathakkali keerai leaves also.
- Use country shallots for best results.
- It is also called as green rasam or selavu rasam.
Thuthuvalai rasam benefits
Thuthuvalai for cold and cough: The herb is considered as the best remedy for treating babies and adult cough and cold. It works effectively on throat irritation and itching. The consumption of the thuthuvalai kashayam or legiyam reduces the congestion of nose and chest. The people who are suffering from chronic cough and cold can take advantage of the thuthuvalai powder. Mix thuthuvalai podi of dry leaves of this plant in milk and consume it daily to get rid of cough and cold.
Thuthuvalai for Asthma and other respiratory problems: This medicinal plant is very effective in treatment of Asthma. Ayurvedic therapists use the extracts of the herb to cure asthma. Consuming the juice of the plant along with honey is one of the best treatments for many types of respiratory problems like carcinoma, dyspnoea and anorexia.
Strength and energy: The herb is considered as the very good medicine for getting strength and energy in the body. The natural steroids present in the herb give strength and stamina to the human being. The tonic made with the extracts of this herb helps to maintain very good health.
Thuthuvalai for sinus: In ayurveda this herb is popularly used for treating sinus, lung diseases and even for the treatment of tuberculosis.
Thuthuvalai leaves for cold: You can take the steam of thuthuvalai leaves for cold and chest congestion by putting the leaves in boiling water. For the treatment of flu and other types of viral fever Solanum trilobatum is a useful remedy.
The Solanum trilobatum is very useful for increasing the production of blood in the body and it also increases the blood circulation effectively.
Credit Source – http://famousindianrecipes.com/2020/04/28/thuthuvalai-rasam-recipe-thuthuvalai-soup/